paragui-users

[paragui-users] questions about paragui

From: bogdan
Subject: [paragui-users] questions about paragui
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:30:16 -0800 (PST)

I'm thinking to use paragui for an embedded
application and I'm not sure if paragui can be used
for this.

The main requirements would be: threadsafe, control
the GUI only with few keys and to have an option to
display the user interface rotated with 90 degrees
(infact the device can stand vertical or horizontal
while the user has a "vertical" GUI).

For the first issue I've found the answer reading the
highlights of the library.

The second requirement will suffice if I'll be able to
send messages/signals/etc to widgets. I.e. I could
focus, push, select buttons, lists, windows only by
sending messages; is it possible?

For the rotated display maybe the answer lies in SDL,
but any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks