Re: Dependencies

From: Hans Schou
Subject: Re: Dependencies
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:36:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Ole Tange wrote:

I have been thinking about implementing dependencies:

job-1 must be done before job-2. If job-1 fails, job-2 will not run at all.
job-3 depends on nothing and can be run no matter what.

This is similar to 'make -k' and therefore I am not sure if it is
worth the effort to do a poor-mans version of make. The primary
advantage would be that GNU Parallel will be able to distribute the
jobs to different servers.

What do you think?

I would like to see the use-case.

/hans