Re: Prefix each line with "input line"

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Prefix each line with "input line"
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 00:04:49 +0200

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Hans Schou <chlor@schou.dk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a number of servers and sometimes I want to check a setting on all of
> them. Like "what is the default search domain".
>
> For convenience I have all the server names in the environment:
>  export srv_all="example.org example.com"
> (could be in a file, but environment is always at hand)

> Then I get the answer by running:
>  parallel ssh {} "grep search /etc/resolv.conf" ::: $srv_all
> and the output:
>  search example.org
>  search example.xxx

The idea of --onall/--nonall is to never write 'parallel ssh {}'.
Instead you will keep the list of servers in .profile/sshloginfile or
you will use -S to select a different file or --profile to select a
different profile.

Please test --tag (from git version beef9c1) and see if that solves your issue:

  parallel -S .. --tag --nonall run this

  parallel -S .. --tag --onall run this ::: with these args