Re: parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:50:12 +0200

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Ole Tange <ole@tange.dk> wrote:
:
> If we can find a way that will work fast on Windows/Cygwin without
> compromising the 1-file-install design goal and the shared $HOME
> semaphore, I will definitely be interested.

I will be positive towards a patch that makes --semaphore work better
on Windows/Cygwin as long as it does not break existing functionality
on other platforms - especially the free platforms.

If you do not want to do the work yourself, I can be hired to work on
such a patch. My hourly rate for working on a Microsoft Windows
platform is 250 USD. A potential client will also have to provide
access to a Windows 7/Cygwin installation as I do not have that.