Re: Testing "Brazil" on Cygwin... is that expected?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Testing "Brazil" on Cygwin... is that expected?
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 22:30:49 +0200

Achim Gratz writes:
> locked /home/gratz/.parallel/semaphores/id-my_id.locknlinks1
> 1<2nlinks1

As this test works just fine on my home machine (on a local NTFS disk) I
think the reason is that the file system that contains my home directory
(a NetApp filer) simply doesn't allow me to create hardlinks and
produces copies instead.  I'll have to check this again, but the trace
clearly shows that while multiple processes are running the semaphore
link count is always determined to be one.

Regards,
Achim.