Problem with tmpdir usage

From: Nelson A. de Oliveira
Subject: Problem with tmpdir usage
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:09:11 -0300

Hi!

It seems that parallel is leaking something while using the tmpdir.
While trying to run a command on a lot of files, I saw parallel
quiting because of a full tmpdir.

Then running it again and now taking a look with lsof, I can see that
the SIZE/OFF column only keeps increasing (it's being used as
/tmp/tytUvsfcK1)
Even though it appears as "/tmp/tytUvsfcK1 (deleted)" and also cannot
be seem at the filesystem, it keeps growing its size.

Could it be a file descriptor leak or something similar?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson