STOP/CONT parallel

From: Bruno Lucas
Subject: STOP/CONT parallel
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 10:08:42 +0200

I've start using parallel not so long ago and I must say it does a wonderful job, thank you.

My doubt is regarding the handling of parallel for the STOP signal.
Is there a way to send a signal (STOP?) to parallel to stop/freeze the current execution and then resume it after with the CONT signal for instance?
For what I've seen with the STOP signal parallel stops, but not the jobs being run by it.

I use kill -s STOP $PARALLEL_PID and kill -s CONT $PARALLEL_PID

Thanks in advance,
Bruno Lucas