Re: singleton for script with shebang

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: singleton for script with shebang
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 15:26:06 +0100

:

:
> So did you provide for a way to give up immediately if sem cannot be acquired
> immediately?

As mentioned, no.

If you feel that is very important, please provide a situation where
waiting 1 sec for the semaphore before giving up is much worse than
waiting 0.2 sec (which is more or less the time it takes to run sem).
I could not find a situation in which that extra second made a huge
difference. On the contrary I can easily find situations where giving
up immediately is less useful than trying for just a second.