Re: GNU Parallel 20150822 ('Hans Vibeke') released

From: Hans Schou
Subject: Re: GNU Parallel 20150822 ('Hans Vibeke') released
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 18:57:02 +0200

Hi Ole,

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:55:49 +0200
Ole Tange <tange@gnu.org> wrote:

> GNU Parallel 20150822 ('Hans Vibeke') has been released. It is
> available for download at: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parallel/

Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is "Hans Vibeke"? Neither

I am Hans.

Every 22th of the month Ole Tange releases a new version of GNU Parallel. Each release has a name of an event which has just happen within this month. You can read more about it in this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/parallel/2014-02/msg00010.html

It happens so that I have been married to Vibeke for 12½ years as of 2015-08-22 which also is the release date of GNU Parallel. Ole was invited to the party, and named it after that. BTW in Denmark we call 12½ years of wedding "copper wedding".

Releases can not have special characters like '&' because of Twitter etc, so the release name was not "Hans & Vibeke 12½ years", which would be more informative.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, the release/wedding party ;-)

./hans