Re: parallel does not preserve symlinked directory structure on remote

From: Benjamin Leutner
Subject: Re: parallel does not preserve symlinked directory structure on remote
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 13:56:08 +0200

I just had to add yet another rsync flag, namely "-L" in order to transfer the actual file a symlink points to instead of the symlink itself when using --transferfile

This gave me the idea that maybe instead of hard-coding all rsync options, parallel could accept additional rsync flags and pass them on to rsync. Implemented like that, it would give the user access to the full rsync functionality without breaking compatibility with old platforms.