Re: Counting of cores

From: Rob Sargent
Subject: Re: Counting of cores
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:58:21 -0700

On 11/29/18 11:32 AM, Ole Tange wrote:
On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 2:08 AM Joe Sapp <sappj@ieee.org> wrote:

It seems like the number of physical compute cores counted by Parallel
is less than other tools (e.g., lscpu) by a factor of the number of
sockets, but I haven't tested it on many architectures.
It seems you are right. Can I ask you to post output from
/proc/cpuinfo from machines you have access to? I will then put that
into the testsuite.
Of course/proc/cpuinfo is inflated 2-fold by hyper-threading

If you have machines without /proc/cpuinfo, please suggest how to get
the information on those.