partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] ATA186 and partysip question

From: Frost, Rod
Subject: [Partysip-dev] ATA186 and partysip question
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:11:37 -0600

All,

I am testing 2 ata 186's with partysip and during the call setup I see the
following.

UA                      Server                          UB

Invite--------------->
                        Trying <---------------
                        Invite ----------------->
                                                Trying <---------------
                                                Ringing <-----------------
                        Ringing <--------------
                                                OK <---------------
                        OK <------------------

Ack -------------------------->

Now the question is should UA be sending the ACK directly to UB or should it go
through the server?   Right now the UA is sending the ACK to the server and the
server is not forwarding it to UB.    So UB continues to send an OK waiting for
the ACK I assume then after a couple of OK's from UB.  UB hangs up.

I am using version 0.5.0 windows for partysip.    The question is should the
partysip server be sending the ACK to UB or do I have Cisco problem where the
ata is sending the ACK to the wrong place.

I might add that after the OK message is received by UA the RTP packets start
to flow between UA and UB.

Thanks for any help

Rod Frost