partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] about plugin...

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] about plugin...
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:28:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, jimmy_huang wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am confuse with partysip's plugins...
> I thought ls_localdb plugin's main purpose is for registrar and store user
> location , is that right?

rgstrar plugin is storing data from REGISTER.
ls_localdb plugin use the data stored by rgstrar to forward messages.
ls_sfull plugin forward messages by following SIP rules. (looking at
record-route...)

ls_static is deprecated but could be used to forward all message to
one destination. It's not very usefull now that you have ls_filter
which do the same but which is cleaner.

syntax is a mandatory plugin to check if message are correct.

filter plugin is used to add static rules to forward message
(defined with regexp).

> Can someone tell me what's the purpose of ls_sfull , ls_static , syntax and
> filter plugin?
> and are they needed for partysip with base function?

You might not need rgstrar & ls_localdb if you don't want to
manage a set of users locations.

The rest seems very usefull, but you may replace the plugins by
your owns...
Aymeric