partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Bug in SDP IP rewrite?

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Bug in SDP IP rewrite?
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:46:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Matthias Rieber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed two problems with 'sdp masquerading' or configuration mistakes
> ;)
>
> In a network like this:
> NATLAN <----> NAT/FW/PARTYSIP <----> SIPCLIENT
> priv.IPs                             public IP
>
> 1) In the OK message going from the NATLAN to the SIPCLIENT, after
> receiveing an INVITE, partysip rewrite the IP in the connection, but not
> in the owner field of the spd message, where private IPs are not
> allowed(?). In a retransmitted OK message no IP will be rewritten.

This is a bug!
fixing it would require some work... And I got no time right now
for this.

> 2) If a client in the NATLAN sends a 302 temp. moved, partysip won't
> rewrite the contact-to field. I'm not sure if partysip handle this
> messages at all?

I choosed to forward all SIP answers back to the original UA so he will be
able to decide himself if he agree to accept the redirection or not. In
all cases, it should be better to put in the 302 contact field a global
contact and not a local one (one with a private IP)...

Aymeric