partysip-dev

RE: AW: [Partysip-dev] 481 after 183, CANCEL

From: Walter Schober
Subject: RE: AW: [Partysip-dev] 481 after 183, CANCEL
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:59:43 +0200

I agree.

FYI: see RFC3261, 16.6, Section 8, espacially the last paragraph.
         The request method MUST NOT be included in the calculation of
         the branch parameter.  In particular, CANCEL and ACK requests
         (for non-2xx responses) MUST have the same branch value as the
         corresponding request they cancel or acknowledge.  The branch
         parameter is used in correlating those requests at the server
         handling them (see Sections 17.2.3 and 9.2).

Thanks for your help!

Walter

P.S.: It more and more comes to read the "bible" :-)