pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Undefined symbols libiconv libiconv_close libiconv_open

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Undefined symbols libiconv libiconv_close libiconv_open
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:22:29 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm trying to build the library under Darwin i386 and getting this
> error at make time, anyone seen this?

Well, this could be my fault somehow.

Which version of Darwin are you running?

> Btw, I have libiconv 2.2.0 under /usr/lib.

You don't really need to have GNU libiconv installed in the system, as
Darwin already has its own iconv version. But, did configure correctly
find your working libiconv? Which is the output of configure?

> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _libiconv
> _libiconv_close
> _libiconv_open
> _CFLocaleCopyCurrent
> _CFLocaleGetIdentifier
> _CFRelease
> _CFStringGetCString
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[2]: *** [libgnupdf.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Here it seems that you are running Mac OS (X ?), so it tries to look for
Core Foundation utilities (used in gnulib modules), as well as for
libiconv. What I don't understand is that this error comes at `make' time
and not at `configure' time. The macros in gnulib already look for the
Core Foundations and iconv libraries at configure time...

I have been testing the library with Max OS X 10.5, and did not find any
of these problems.

Maybe I'm missing something...

-Aleksander