pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] pdf-i64 macros

From: Daniel Vidal
Subject: [pdf-devel] pdf-i64 macros
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:04:30 +0200

Hi All,

Finally did something about the macros regarding systems that have 64
bit support. To be honest I don't like much the result. In the sense
that macros can be helpful sometimes, but also terribly messy and
tricky (e.g. not so fantastic regarding error support). In this case,
I think it doesn't really solve the issue of transparent 64 bit
support for the client regarding the pdf_i64 functions. If the pdf_i64
functions aren't going to be used much through out the code (e.g. time
module), I find it better to go back to the original suggestion by
jemarch and make the support directly on the code using the functions.
e.g.:

#ifdef int64_t
#define PDF_USE_BUILTIN_64BIT_SUPPORT
#endif

pdf_i64_t dest;
int addend_1 = 1;
int addend_2 = 2;

#ifndef PDF_USE_BUILTIN_64BIT_SUPPORT
pdf_i64_add(&dest, addend_1, addend_2);
#else
dest = addend_1 + addend_2;
#endif

Anyhow, I've committed the sources (pdf-types.c , pdf-types.h) with
the new macros and their associated test files. From my side,
everything compiles and works with and without macros. If we change
our minds regarding this issue, we can always go back to previous
versions of the sources.

Files changed, added and committed:

src/base/pdf-types.c
src/base/pdf-types.h
torture/unit/Makefile.am
torture/unit/base/types/pdf-i64-add.c
torture/unit/base/types/pdf-i64-assign-quick.c
torture/unit/base/types/pdf-i64-assign.c
torture/unit/base/types/pdf-i64-copy.c
torture/unit/base/types/pdf-i64-new.c
torture/unit/base/types/tsuite-types.c

torture/unit/base/types/pdf-i64-abs.c