pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] pdf-i64 macros

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] pdf-i64 macros
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:46:42 +0200

Hi Daniel.

   Finally did something about the macros regarding systems that have
   64 bit support. To be honest I don't like much the result. In the
   sense that macros can be helpful sometimes, but also terribly messy
   and tricky (e.g. not so fantastic regarding error support).

Yes, the use of macros has some caveats.

   In this case, I think it doesn't really solve the issue of
   transparent 64 bit support for the client regarding the pdf_i64
   functions. If the pdf_i64 functions aren't going to be used much
   through out the code (e.g. time module), I find it better to go
   back to the original suggestion by jemarch and make the support
   directly on the code using the functions.  e.g.:

Well, I maintain my opinion about this issue.

   Anyhow, I've committed the sources (pdf-types.c , pdf-types.h) with
   the new macros and their associated test files.

Many thanks.