pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Encryption filters

From: David Vazquez
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Encryption filters
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 04:22:00 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Could you please write down a summary of all the needed parameters
> for both filters?

Of course :)

In the encryptation dictionary, both filters involves the use of
following parameters:

  - The entry V specifies the type of algorithm to be used. It should
    be 4 in order to security handler will define the behaviour.

  - CF is a dictionary whose keys and values are crypt filter names
    and crypt filter dictionaries respectively.

  - StmF is the name of the crypt filter to encrypt streams by
    default. (the crypt filter should be a CF key entry)

  - StrF, idem for string.

A crypt filter dictionary contains (amongst others) a key named CFM,
whose value could be one of three:
   - None
   - V2 (for RC4/ARC4)
   - AESV2 (for AES)

Finally in filter dictionarity we found a key `name' which let us
declare what crypt filter we want use. It is the name of a crypt
filter defined in CF.

I think it's all! :)