pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: Old Mac OS paths in the Filesystem implementation

From: jemarch
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: Old Mac OS paths in the Filesystem implementation
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:43:30 +0200

Hi Aleks.

   An effective way to convert from old Mac OS paths to standard unix paths
   is included in the Core Foundation library, which provides the CFURL
   methods:

   BTW, we already link with Mac OS X' Core Foundation library in Mac OS X
   systems.

Nice, this means that we will be able to read old-MACOS string file
specifications contained in PDF files in modern Macos systems.

Zac, can you please take a look to that function? We would need the
default disk filesystem implementation to use it if running in Macos
10. I suppose that the function Aleksander pointed out could be used
to test if a given path is an old-MACOS one.. in that case, the
disk filesystem implementation should translate it to a POSIX path
suitable to be used in macos 10.