pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Filter's new API and text variables

From: gerel
Subject: [pdf-devel] Filter's new API and text variables
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:39:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I've just started adapting the run length filter.
So the initialization function would be as follows,
##
pdf_status_t pdf_stm_f_rl_init (pdf_hash_t params, pdf_hash_t state);
###

Now, suppose that I want to use that filter in 'decode mode'. So the params
argument should have a "mode" -> pdf_stm_f_rl_mode_t (enum). The question is,
should I add that parameter to the state hash ? I think I shouldn't since the
params is also given to the apply function anyways, and it's not 'state'.

OTOH, regarding,
##
pdf_status_t
pdf_text_new_from_host (const pdf_char_t *str,
                        const pdf_size_t size,
                        const pdf_text_host_encoding_t enc,
                        pdf_text_t *text);
###

Do we need to give the host encoding as argument ? I thought that the function
itself would get it doing "pdf_text_get_host_encoding()". Am I wrong ?

cheers

-gerel