pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Streams solution proposal

From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Streams solution proposal
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:11:01 +0200

> That backend is really useful for testing purposes, but the streams
> should use the fsys implementation to access files stored in
> filesystems (we will be able to test the streams operating through a
> fsys as soon as we get the default filesystem completed). Anyway we
> can integrate it in the library code.

Yep, It was intented to be used for testing purposes, not as a
substitute of the fsys_file be.

> About the use of circular buffers, I dont really see big advantages in
> switching the current implementation to use them. Maybe we will find
> them useful in the future, but in that case I would say to introduce
> your implementation in the pdf-types module.

I see some, but I won't arise the topic while we have a working and
valid alternative :)

> Some of your improvements on pdf-filter.c are quite interesting,
> especially for testing purposes.
>
> So what do you think about to integrate the c-file backend and the
> improvements on pdf-filter to work with the current implementation of
> streams?

Ok, I'll do it this evening. I can't promise it but if I have time I
will try to prepare some automatic tests. The problem with the CHECK
interface is that it is easier to test the filters interfacing with
pdf-filter from bash. Anyway, I'll try to look CHECK more deeply and
find out the best way to build tests for the filters.

Regards,
JP