pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] how to hack

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] how to hack
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:51:48 +0100

Hi Yang.

   Two questions:
   1.How to build the lib with debug and unit testing information? I built it
   as such steps:
       1)./bootstrap
       2)./configure
       3)make
      Should I add some options to the command?

   2.How to test the lib? And how to do unit testing? For example to test a
   standard filter .

The library is built with debugging information (-g) by default.

To run the test suite simply launch:

     $ make check

You will need to install some libraries to compile libgnupdf. The
configure script will give you specific hints about what is missing
and what package you should install.

Regarding how to write tests for the library, there is detailed
information in http://www.gnupdf.org/Lib:Torture_Chamber You can also
take a look to the torture/ directory.