pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Is GNUPdf the right toll for the task?

From: Jose E . Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Is GNUPdf the right toll for the task?
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 10:39:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

    I have a pdf file that has many vector images. When I load the pdf
    file on my IPhone the pdf reader crashes on the pages with those
    complex vector images.

    Is there a tool/way to just raster the vector images and leave the
    rest of the pdf file untouched?

GNU PDF is not yet ready for that kind of tasks.  There are free PDF
manipulation libraries such as PoDoFo that could be used to remove
those objects from the PDF document.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  http://www.jemarch.net