pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] New member and need help to run unit test

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] New member and need help to run unit test
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:26:56 +0100

Hi Arun,

> I am Arun and am interested to work in Gnupdf project. I have quite
> experience in C and learning the bazaar tool.
>
> I am trying this task “FS#120 - Unit tests for the JBIG2 decoder” to
> have hands on experience in code.
>
> 1.compiled the code with "./configure CFLAGS=-g
> --with-libcheck-prefix=/users/home/john/gnupdf/check/" option
> 2.followed the procedure as pointed in [1] to run the unit test.
>
> Unfortunately I got this message.
>
> make
> make[1]: Entering directory `/users/home/john/gnupdf/trunk/torture/unit'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/home/john/gnupdf/trunk/torture/unit'
> make  check-TESTS
> make[1]: Entering directory `/users/home/john/gnupdf/trunk/torture/unit'
> ==================
> All 0 tests passed
> ==================
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/home/john/gnupdf/trunk/torture/unit'
>

> is it right? otherwise can anyone give me clue how to run the unit test?

What do you have in "/users/home/john/gnupdf/check/"? the checkout of
the libcheck repo? or the actual installation of it after compiling? In
order to use --with-libcheck-prefix you need the latter:

--with-libcheck-prefix[=DIR]  search for libcheck in DIR/include and
DIR/lib

the DIR you need to pass to the --with-libcheck-prefix option should be
equal to the --prefix you passed to the ./configure in libcheck, and of
course you need to make && make install libcheck before trying to
configure libgnupdf.

Anyway, what I personally do with libcheck is compile it and install it
in the default prefix (/usr/local):
  $> cd check; ./configure && make && sudo make install
And then probably no need to pass --with-libcheck-prefix to
the ./configure in libgnupdf, as /usr/local is a common prefix for
libraries, so usually found in ./configure without any additional magic.

Cheers!

--
Aleksander