pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] New developer and UUID module request

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] New developer and UUID module request
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:13:49 +0100

Hi Albert.

    void pdf_uuid_string (pdf_uuid_t, char * ascii_rep);

    I discarded this last option because it requires the user to know the
    char array size to allocate, which I found uncomfortable.

In this case, where the required string will always be of the same fixed
length, I don't think it is a nuisance to use a function like c):

    char uuid_str[PDF_UUID_SIZE];
    pdf_uuid_string (uuid, &uuid_str);

Note that I used something shorter than PDF_UUID_CHAR_LENGTH.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org