pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Help needed for FS#39

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Help needed for FS#39
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:12:12 +0200

    > So the module would be offering two different APIs, depending on which
    > kind of system it is running on?  Considering that the fsys module
    > allows many different backend implementations, would be a pdf_char_t*
    > based API flexible enough?

    Well, in all systems the APIs would offer as input an array of
    NUL-terminated characters. In GNU systems, that's a standard
    single-NUL-terminated string; in Windows, it would be a 2-NUL-terminated
    string (a NUL wide char). If this is confusing, we can leave the
    pdf_text_t as input path object; but that would usually imply from/to
    conversions to host encoding... maybe not a big deal?

Well, the fact windows wide chars are using the double NUL termination
shall be pretty transparent for the programmer, right?  It is the need
of changing the interface of the fsys module, depending on the running
system, what worries me.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org