pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Hello (and help?)

From: Mike
Subject: [pdf-devel] Hello (and help?)
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:31:53 -0700

Hello all,
    been keeping an eye on this project for a while and wanted to join in.

    25 years in the industry (mainframes, minis, PCs and embedded systems) including a fair amount of reverse engineering. My last permanent job on Microsoft's Advanced Prototyping Team. I left rather than work on face recognition and have been developing web sites for the past few years. My machine is now Ubuntu and unsullied by any Microsoft products.

    The last time I worked full-time on Unix was using vi and cc under Unix SVR4 but I've done a few GTKMM projects under Gnome with Code::Blocks to keep my hand in. I'm familiar with various VCS and Linux configurations having done some bug tracking on some of the Ubuntu tools.

    However, I've not used GNU setup before. I've got the current trunk and tried autoconf but the resulting configure file failed because it could not find install.sh in build-aux so maybe I should have done something else? I'd like to get the code compiling, have a look around and then see what I can do. Being self-employed, I can't offer a fixed work-schedule but I do have some down-time I would like to contribute to this project.

Mike.