pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] TODO list

From: Nicolas Burrus
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] TODO list
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:49:59 +0200

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 02:28, Jean-Charles Salzeber wrote:
> I've created this list to have in mind what have to be done avoiding
> developers conflicts if possible.
> It can be incomplete:
>   -add gettext support
>   -add getopt support
>   -change all printf/fprintf to a log function that do syslog or fprintf
>   (using the log_level parameter)
>   -make the TCP/IP tunneling working
>   -check parameters on config file/arguments
>   -add code for all currently unused parameters
>   -change prot30 for being generis as access.h and if.h
>   -add comments everywhere code isn't trivial
>   -solve the problem of tun interface on Linux
>   -make a skeleton to handle external program like pengctl/pengmail/...
>   -cleanup things when exiting
>   -solve the modem echo bug
>   -add cable driver
>   -add vjcompress to tunneling
>   -try ports on linux, freebsd, openbsd, netbsd, solaris, macOS X
>   [...]
>
> It may also be great to start HTML pages and make a description on
> savannah, reference on freshmeat, etc...
>
> We should start share tasks to avoid conflict, isn't it?

Yes, or else the cvs will become a war field :)

I can do only little tasks for the moment as I don't have many time to spent.
Everybody should inform the mailing lists when starting working on a task,
this way we'll avoid conflicts.

I may start logging tomorrow night, unless somebody really wants to do it ...

--
Nicolas