pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] Tunnelling

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] Tunnelling
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 02:10:20 +0200

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 01:26, Nicolas Burrus wrote:
> My tuntap drivers works fine in fact, pengaol can open tun0 interface by
> /dev/net/tun, and I could with pengfork too :)

Really? Is it *working* without being able to do an ifconfig!
Vtun project, creators of the tun interface use ifconfig to setup the
interface. It's quite portable. Pengaol use code (crouteurlinux.cpp) to
setup the interface, it is very restricted to linux but I don't think it
do more than ifconfig!

I will try tomorrow and say more.

> We should fix allocation problem with param strings too, cause when we affect
> a new value into it, we don't know if we must free old value or not (it can
> be a string constant).

Sure.

> I've commited very little fixes in linux/tun.c, as I don't know if you are
> working on it, in which case you can override my changes.
>
> I can work on linux tun driver, so that you can focus on openbsd driver if
> you
> want.

Currently, I have severals problem on OpenBSD:
  * many random bytes are dropped, I don't know why!
    As an example sometimes I send an ATDT... and because echo is
    enabled I receive ATT... so the D has been dropped!
    I will not say you what does it means on packet I receive from AOL %)
    That's why I commited a change this morning to handle big
    transmission errors.
  * My tun fd seems in blocking mode even if I opened it with O_NONBLOCK.
    It's obviously embarassing because it will wait until the buffer is
    full!

> Sorry for common.h, I forgot it ... Should be fixed now.
>
> --
> Nicolas

JC