pengfork-devel

[Pengfork-devel] International support

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber
Subject: [Pengfork-devel] International support
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 02:21:50 +0200

I have found something interesting...
On my AOL 5.0 directory there is a directory named 'csl'.
There are some files that permit the connection on all different net
that AOL and all access methods. This files can be opened with a text
editor.

So with the analysis of this files I can say that ADSL, cable and
TCP connections are really identical.
For modems and ISDN there are different networks:
   * AOLGlobalNet
   * SprintNet
   * AOLGlobalNet Plus
   * AOLNet

For AOLNet it exist subtypes:
   * ANSNet
   * UU.Net
   * Saturn.BBN
   * Sprint-IP
   * UQKT1 (used in Germany)
   * UQKT2 (used in France)

So I believe with this information we could connect to AOL all
around the world.
We could recreate the behaviour of this scripts in pengfork, this would
make the life of users easier and so our too. ;)

I have also a question: does someone know what is the MSN number that
AOL use to configure an ISDN modem?

JC