pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] AOL 7.0 and L2TP

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] AOL 7.0 and L2TP
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:40:22 +0200

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:11, Nicolas Burrus wrote:
> I've installed AOL 7.0 on my vmware win95, and it seems to send P3 packets
> again (my filter get them properly), is there a special manip to use L2TP ?

Yes, you *MUST* let AOL configure your access number (a way for AOL to
earn more money I think ;) ).
Not all phone numbers support L2TP.
To check if your phone number is correctly configured, try AOL sysinfo
and see under the tab "Connectivité" if "Numéro compatible PPP" is
checked

If your filter is working it may be good to share it? (Maybe put it on a
devtools CVS module under pengfork?)

JC