perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Applet scheme

From: Moshe Kaminsky
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Applet scheme
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:48:44 +0200

Hi,

* Gavin Brown <address@hidden> [27/09/04 14:25]:
> Support for the new third-party applet system is finished in CVS and
> will become available in the next release, 0.8.0, which will appear some
> time this week. I've fully documented the packaging system, which is
> relatively simple.
>
> The documentation can be found in perlpanel-applet-howto.pod in CVS, or
> at this URL:
>

> http://jodrell.net/projects/perlpanel/documentation#packaging_your_applet
>
> I've created a page on the PerlPanel site that you can use to advertise
> your applet. Simply go to
>
>       http://jodrell.net/projects/perlpanel/applets
>
> and submit your applet using the form.
>
> There's an example applet package here:
>
>       http://snipurl.com/9d1g

I have a few questions/remarks:
- I didn't manage to find instructions (on the web pages) how to
  actually install the applets, packaged as described.
- I think it might be worth mentioning, that the name you give to the
  extra icons placed in the icon directory, is the one you can give to
  PerlPanel::lookup_icon to find the actual file.
- The applet submission form does not allow submitting the applet file
  directly, but just linking to it. Is it intentional? I have no web
  page to my applet on.

Thanks,
Moshe