pgubook-readers

Re: About Buffer Size Restriction

From: Jonathan Bartlett
Subject: Re: About Buffer Size Restriction
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:47:55 -0500

Kenan -

Thanks for reaching out.

It's been a while since I wrote this, but, I think it was partially based on SSIZE_MAX and partially based on other write operation limits on the kernel.  Most write operation limits have been increased since then, but, among the various things, sockets, files, etc., keeping the write size low helps keep you from being on the wrong side of an unpredictable situation.

Jon