[Phpgroupware-developers] adressbook-normalization

From: Heiko Schwarzenberg
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] adressbook-normalization
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:11:04 +0100

unfortunately, we can't focus any longer on the offline-capable version of phpGW. we' ve realized that this project is too time-consuming for us at the moment. but we want to keep on working on phpGW:

for better usability, we want to normalize the adressbook of phpGW. for that, we think, a separation of personal and business data is necessary. after a short look on the current table we think that there should be one table for the personal data like the home adress and birthday. a second table shall store the company-data. the connection of both tables would reside in a third table where we would store the personal id and the company id. propably another table for the phone numbers is also needed. it's only a first thought about the problem...
what do you think?

regards, heiko