Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] mailing list (was adressbook-normalizatio

From: Eric Cousin
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:48:36 +0100

At 18:02 29/11/2001 +0100, you wrote:
Brandon <address@hidden> wrote:

> As for using mailman, that's
> fine, but one of the things missing from most mailing list apps I've
> experimented with is an easy to use and search archive.  Something
> that shows each message individually, sorted by month or something,
> and allows searching would be nice.

There's a patch for Mailman on Sourceforge which adds this
funtionality to Mailman.  For an example of this in action,
see http://archive.dotgnu.org/pipermail/developers

Greetings, Norbert.

The Sympa mailing list manager (http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/) allows by-date view,by-thread view and includes a simple search engine. We've integrated Sympa within our phpGW-based collaborative development platform, PicoLibre (cf www.PicoLibre.org, http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/picolibre ), and it works fine.
We're writing the patches.

Eric

Eric COUSIN,   Professor Assistant            Tel. +33 2 29 00 10 64
Département Informatique - ENST Bretagne   Fax + 33 2 29 00 12 82
BP 832 - 29285 Brest Cedex -  FRANCE       Email address@hidden
------------------- http://www-info.enst-bretagne.fr/~cousin/cousin.html ---------------------