Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Does PHPGroupWare do "domain partitioning"

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Does PHPGroupWare do "domain partitioning"?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:29:51 +0000

phpgw does support domains, though I don't if there is an interface for setting
them up yet.  Edit the header.inc.php file and there are examples of using the
multiple domains in the comments.  Basically, I think the seperate domains get
seperate databases and so the entire site can be configured differently for each
domain with the exception of the things in the header that are not in the domain
array.

Eric Parusel (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Hi there,
>
>I've set up the cvs version of phpgroupware and am quite impressed....
>One feature which I can't find (or isn't there, which I think is the case), is
way to set up domains so that they're separated:

>For example:
>(aa, bb, cc) are @letters.com
>(11,22,33) are @numbers.com
>
>aa, bb, & cc can see each other (since they're in the same domain), but they
>can't
see any of the other users on the system.
>same goes for 11,22, & 33, they only see other users at numbers.com....
>(I'm not sure of a good word for this kind of set up)
>
>If this is implemented, I'd love to hear how to set it up!
>If it's not implemented, I'd like to find out how difficult it would be to
implement...  This is something that the company I work for would like to offer
as
a service.