[Phpgroupware-developers] how to re-establish IMAP stream

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] how to re-establish IMAP stream
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:08:58 +0000

Speaking of caching, I'm experimenting with this:
After the 1st login to the IMAP server, I save (cache) that account's
 * userid
 * server string (mail.some.com/imap:143), and
 * the integer that is returned when you first open the mailserver stream with
the
php IMAP_OPEN function.

Then, I never actually log out of that email account after this page view. Then,
when I start another IMAP request (like switching to another folder) I want to
(a) verify that the userid and the server string are the same, then
(b) reestablish the stream that I opened when I connected to the IMAP server the
first time.

When the user actually logs out of phpgw, then we'll log off the email server
for
real.

So far I can do all of that EXCEPT actually re-establish the stream. I've
screwed
around with some fsockopen and pfsockopen calls but I can't get this to work.

Any ideas...
--
that's "angle" as in geometry