[Phpgroupware-developers] Trouble ticket system

From: Steven Wright
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Trouble ticket system
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:23:01 -0600 (CST)

Hey, gang:

I've been lurking on this list for awhile, but haven't said anything until
now.  It would take too much explanation to explain the whole thing, but
our software department now has two main offices in different timezones.
Also, we usually have people on the road, somewhere on the planet.  The
split kind of broke our informal design review process and the yell-over-
the-cube-wall customer support system we had in place.

So my boss wants me to do the Make vs. Buy analysis on some software that
will allow us to keep up with source control, document controls, customer
problem tracking.  Y'know, the usual.

I really want to convince him that phpGW is the wave of the future.  We
have a small department, only about 20 people, but due to some customer
requests (er, demands) we need to shape up quick.  If we go the Make
route, we'll probably have a couple of guys whomping up a time card and
trouble ticket system that is customized for us.  But I'm not sure how
much money we'll have for this.  It might end up being cheaper buying
someone elses solution than making our own.

All that being said, I have two questions:

1) How close is the trouble ticket system that is now in phpGW to being
ready?  The .12 version doesn't work out of the box, and I haven't taken
the time to try to fix it.

2) Is there any place to get the docs that used to be on Sourceforge?
Many of them were out of date, but I'm interested in finding the one that
told you how to hook your previously written app into phpGW, what headers
had to go in what files, how to get into setup, that kind of thing.

Thanks,
Steve Wright

-----                        address@hidden                        -----
When I could find voice,  I shrieked aloud in agony,  "Either this is madness
or it is Hell."  "It is neither," calmly replied the voice of the Sphere, "it
is Knowledge."                                 _Flatland_, by Edwin A. Abbott