Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 06:56:33 -0700

Jim Foster wrote:

Just a general observation from a user who has been developing sites based
on phpGroupWare since Q4 of 2000:

Let's put aside the technical details, for a moment.

What is forcing me away from further work with phpGroupWare is the tone from
statements such as these:

---------------------

... you are wrong to think that this does not give us the right to control
the direction of the project ...

... this is the kind of crap that is going to continue to make me oppose any
such lame schemes ...

... but with this type of crap turning up it will be a cold day in hell
before it happens ...

... I will pull back control of the project and force it to fork before it
will even come close ...

---------------------

This is not the first time I have heard this ringing of attitude, but it
will definitely be the last.

So you wouldnt be a little pissed if you spent a few years working extremely hard on a project. Then for a year or so you had to slow down because of other more pressing issues in your life. Then you start feeling like the new round of developers want to kick you out of the project?

Why would anyone want to continue to do any kind of serious development with
a tool - despite its technical merits - when management has this kind of
close-minded orientation from the get-go?

Im not close minded to much. But if anyone tried to make me a non-player in phpGW then I will not allow it.

For me, the hand-writing on the wall couldn't be larger.

whatever

Dan