Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] syncml module

From: Johan Gunnarsson
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] syncml module
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 18:03:43 +0200

On 9/4/07, Guillaume Courtois <address@hidden> wrote:
> > At this stage you need the WBXML module from PECL.  It is available from
> > http://pecl.php.net/package/WBXML
>
> Hm, tried to install it quickly yesterday, where should I put the php files ?
>
> > AFAIK Johan is still working on his pure PHP version.
>
> I sent him my code, I hope it will help him, but I'm not sure it works
> correctly :-(

Yupp. Read it and it helped me a bit to understand WBXML. But it's not
a complete implementation. For example, there's no support for the
string table feature and it only works with WBXML 1.2. My estimation
is that the PECL module is far more stable and complete, so I go for
it instead. Still, it requires some hacking to get it do the correct
FPI values.

As Sigurd said, it's a one-liner to install. The pecl command is
distributed in the php-pear package on Debian and Ubuntu.