[phpGroupWare-developers] Rights per group - LDAP

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Rights per group - LDAP
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 06:25:44 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I'm not all that familiar with the LDAP implementation - and I don't have the
code in front of me - so please bear with me:

Imagine giving grants to a group containing thousands of members. For the
current implementation of acl - one will have to ask the database for a result
with a condition containing all those members. How about joining on the
account/group-table and just ask for that group?
This approach should work fine for sql-accounts - but I'm not sure about the
LDAP-accounts.
If this iformation is missing for LDAP-accounts,
How about sync in accounts and groups from the LDAP backend to make this
possible?

Regards

Sigurd.

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ forums.phpGroupWare.org