phpprintipp

[Phpprintipp] ipps will not work in phpprintipp (it implements Cups ipps

From: Thomas HARDING
Subject: [Phpprintipp] ipps will not work in phpprintipp (it implements Cups ipps old scheme)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 19:22:48 +0200

ipps will not work in phpprintipp (it implements Cups ipps old scheme)

Having several users on private mail who complains about "ipps" printers
which are even not listed when connecting to Cups.

Regarding RFC, "ipps" requirement is TLSv1.2 connexion, most probably
handling both authority/server cert and client cert.

Having no time to investigate until months. I will probably need
to set up several Cups servers to emulate that behavior, then
re-design notably http_class to fit (then update doc).

There is at least one well known fork of phpprintipp which differs more than one line of code. I received complains from users and already redirected them to the corresponding fork authors.

Currently no patch has been posted to Phpprintipp upstream on Savannah regarding that peculiar problem.

I'll probably starting to take a look November, 2016.

best regards,
T. Harding
--
Je suis née pour partager : non la haine, mais l'amour.
                                            Sophocle,