Re: Woooow! debugging.....

From: Alberto Curro
Subject: Re: Woooow! debugging.....
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:53:12 +0200

El Mar 13 Ago 2002 01:31, Ingo Ruhnke escribió:
Alberto Curro <address@hidden> writes:

> #include <win32/config.h>

> the above should stay #include <config.h> and the path of the config.h
> need to be added to the include patch of the project.

- --
>  #ifdef WIN32
> #include <math.h>
> #endif

> If something is portable, like <math.h>, there is no need to #ifdef it out.

  Even if math.h is fully portable, I added it as a result from an MSVC error.
I did not know if was an MSVC error that works in GCC, so I added into the
#ifdef.

>>  The first difference now : the game crash in the beginning, but I cannot
>see
>> a window (CL_ConsoleWindow, suppose) with this message
>>
>> PingusError: Controller: config file <../doc/mycontroller.xml> not found
>> Error: PingusError: PingusError: Controller: config file
>> <../doc/mycontroller.xml> not found
>>
>>   In this case, the solution is clear. I guess need this file, and it's not
>> present in cvs....

>I'll add that file soon, will be renamed to data/controller/default.xml.

  I found the file doc/controller.xml, but every time the application try to
load it, I receive an assert error and the application crashes. I'm not now
with the windows workstation working, but I will send you the error message
soon. Debugging the application, the game stops just in the moment the file
is loaded and is being parsed. Maybe the file I'm using is not the correct
one?

>>   Ah! one major change. I had to change the file src/Input/controller.cxx
>> src/Input/input_controller.cxx. That's because MSVC can compile both two
>> files as it output the same file (Debug/controller.obj); changed its name,
>> now it compile flawlessly.

>src/controller.?xx is obsolete, the src/input/controller.?xx is the
>new one.

   Hey? Obsolete? I tried to delete it from the project, and then I received a
lot of messages from linker about functions and classes from that file, so I
guess it is still being used in some way...

>>   I'm attaching with this message the new workspace & project files, and
>the
>> output from the cvs diff command, too. Hope it help.

>"cvs diff -u" gives a better readable result than "cvs diff", so thats
>the prefered way, but the other one will also work.

  Okay, will take in care the next time....

   Regards

    Alberto

  PS : Another question, this specially directed to Magnus. In some points of
Pingus (and I see in Clanlib, too), you use a macro called _FUNCTION_.
Magnus, you know of some equivalent macro for MSVC? _FUNCTION_ is not
supported, and I looked into MSDN, but not results.... In this case, I'm now
commenting the line(s).