Win 32 GCC Development

From: Tacvek
Subject: Win 32 GCC Development
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:02:17 -0400

As it looks like nearly all hope of a win32 Port have been abondoned I am willing to attempt to redesign the current configure and makefile system so that it can compile as-is under cygwin using the standard: ./configure; make. At that point a valid win32 executable will exist so creating a windows installer will be fairly easy. I am uncertain how to go about linking to Direct X from GCC however I have found that OpenGL runs well under windows.

I am not very proficent in C/C++, as my native language is Visual Basic (and i've learned to depend upon case insensitivity), however I can certainly attempt this.
That said, I would be grateful for any assistance that could be provided, especially by memeber's of the Pingus Devel Team, As I will likely have questions about certan dependencies, and if it comes to the point of having to alter the c code, i may have a few questions on some of the more obscure code. I prefer to communicate via a real-time system such as IM.

Please reply with anny comments. If several of you would like me to attemp this and are willing to assist me, I will attempt this.