Re: Hello

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: 15 Aug 2003 11:19:32 +0200

Am Mit, 2003-08-13 um 13.27 schrieb Skule Solvang:
> I would very much like to contibute to this proiject in any way
> possible, and for the moment that limits itself to translating it into
> Norwegian. So if you would like this done please contact me with
> information on the tools i need (linux) and some basic help getting me
> started.

Translating into any language is quite easy, you won't need anything
more then a text editor and CVS access. Get yourself the most recent
version from CVS and you'll find a directory /po. Inside, copy the file
pingus.pot to no.pot and translate the strings within into Norwegian
whereby you should try to keep the length of your translation equal or
below the english one. If that's not possible, try not to exeed the
length by much. Next there are the level files in /data/levels/tutorial.
One look into one should tell you how to add your translation there.
Difference of length doesn't matter as much here.
Once finished run "cvs -z3 diff -u > no_translation.diff" and send the
file to the list.
If you don't know how to get CVS access, you will find directions in the
developer section of the Pingus home page. If you've got any other
questions remaining, don't hesitate to ask.

Bye David

PS: added a cc to be sure, please reply to the list.