Re: UpdateDSP.sh [Was Re: Windows compiling fails]

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: UpdateDSP.sh [Was Re: Windows compiling fails]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:34:53 +0100

> Am Mon, 2003-08-18 um 20.38 schrieb Neil Mitchell:
> > The project files are out of date, by quite a considerable margin, as
they
> > don't have files such as
>
> Is that a recent CVS checkout? I ran the update script yesterday.

10 seconds before I sent the first email, and 10 seconds before this reply.

> > Would it be better if the project generation files were rewritten so
they
> > worked on Windows, I'm thinking a batch file. This way Linux developers
> > could ignore us and we wouldn't complain as much :)
> Well, perhaps you should open your eyes a bit wider and you may see
> update-po.sh in Pingus/... :-)
> OK, bash != batch but once you install Cygwin bash scripts will run too.

I don't want to install Cygwin, I probably don't have the space for it, its
a bit excessive for my needs. I did download zsh, and tried running the
script with that, but it crashes.

I was also thinking of extending the script to make the files come up in
their directories in the project, as at the moment they are all in one
group. This doesn't effect compiling in any way, but does make it easier to
work with in VC++. If it was more 'Windows' then it would be easier for
Windows users.

Neil