platform-testers

[platform-testers] new snapshot available: diffutils-3.2.37-f0b0

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: diffutils-3.2.37-f0b0
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:44:08 +0100

Wow.  I've just realized it's been more than a year
since the last diffutils release.  So here's a snapshot
of the latest sources:

diffutils snapshot:
  http://meyering.net/diff/diffutils-ss.tar.xz      1.2 MB
  http://meyering.net/diff/diffutils-ss.tar.xz.sig
  http://meyering.net/diff/diffutils-3.2.37-f0b0.tar.xz

=====================================
NEWS:

** New features

  --new-file (-N) and --unidirectional-new-file now allow comparisons to "-".
  A standard input that's closed acts like a nonexistent file.

  A file name containing spaces, double quotes, backslashes or control
  characters is now encoded in a diff header as a double-quoted C string
  literal.  The escape sequences \\, \", \a, \b, \f, \n, \r, \t, \v and
  \ooo (a three-digit octal number between 0 and 255) are used.

** Packaging

  diffutils is now designed to build with Cygwin or MinGW rather than DJGPP.
  The ms subdirectory has been removed.

=====================================
Changes in diffutils since v3.2:

Andreas Gruenbacher (1):
      diff: encode file names with special characters

Bruno Haible (1):
      New option --no-dereference.

Claudio Bley (1):
      portability: use SET_BINARY rather than xfreopen (NULL, ...

Eric Blake (2):
      usage: improve wording of --ignore-matching-lines
      build: default to --enable-gcc-warnings in a git tree

Jim Meyering (15):
      post-release administrivia
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest
      tests: use "compare exp out", not "compare out exp"
      build: stop distributing gzip'd releases;  xz is enough
      build: update to latest gnulib and adapt
      maint: update all copyright year number ranges
      maint: avoid new syntax-check failure
      build: accommodate newer bootstrap from gnulib
      maint: update bootstrap from gnulib
      diff: fix a typo that was always disabling the same_special_file macro
      maint: avoid new syntax-check failure due to @xref use
      build: update gnulib, bootstrap and init.sh to latest
      diff: avoid possible longjmp-triggered misbehavior
      maint: use xasprintf in place of xmalloc+sprintf
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest

Paul Eggert (14):
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest
      maint: quote 'like this' or "like this", not `like this'
      diff: -N, --unidirectional-new-file now compare to "-" too
      sdiff: remove dependency on sigprocmask
      doc: explain -I RE better in --help output
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest
      Use binary mode when testing for binary files.
      maint: m4/gnulib-cache.m4 is not under version control
      maint: update bootstrap from gnulib
      main: port subcommands to mingw
      maint: update bootstrap from gnulib
      maint: remove ms subdirectory
      diff: silence GCC warning instead of slowing down
      * doc/diffutils.texi (cmp Options): Document -l format better.

Stefano Lattarini (3):
      tests: make test runner a script, not a shell function
      tests: use more portable fd redirection in TESTS_ENVIRONMENT
      build: omit obsolete AM_PROG_CC_STDC macro

Changes in gnulib since v3.2:

* gnulib d1fa59e...04e49dd (1582):
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2012-03/msg00051.html>.