poke-devel

Re: PATCH: provide %c and %u8c formatting in pickle printf()

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: PATCH: provide %c and %u8c formatting in pickle printf()
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 19:24:33 +0200

    > Hi,
    > Not sure if this is the best way to implement this (I have not
    > entirely grokked the whole jitter thing yet), but at least it could be
    > a suggestion.
    >
    > Here is a little patch that adds %c (which is also understood as %u8c)
    > formatting in printf().
    >
    > With that, the ascii printing in pk-dump.pk could be implemented.
    >
    > So commit message maybe
    >   o Add %c formatting in printf()
    >   o Add more detailed error messages in format string problems
    >   o implement ascii printing for the dump command (pk-dump.pk)

    After this, maybe it can be considered to switch on ascii printing by
    default (easier to discover that way)
    pk-dump.pk:30: defvar pk_dump_ascii = 1;

Yes I agree.

As a side note,  you can customize poke by having commands in your
~/.pokerc file.  This is mine:

# My poke configuration - jemarch

.set endian host
.set obase 16