poke-devel

poke is now GNU poke

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: poke is now GNU poke
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 16:27:32 +0100

Hi people!

After a long evaluation process, poke has finally been dubbed as
official GNU software, with myself as your humble maintainer and
servant.

Some practical notes in this respect:

- The savannah project is now in http://savannah.gnu.org/p/poke.  The
  nongnu url still works.

- The git repo is now hosted in git.savannah.gnu.org.  The nongnu url
  still works.

- The list address@hidden will become address@hidden.  This
  haven't happened yet, but once it happens there should't be any need
  to change our subscriptions: it shall be pretty automatic.

- We will be using ftp.gnu.org and alpha.gnu.org to distribute tarball
  releases.

- In this project we won't be transferring the copyright to the Free
  Software Foundation.  Therefore, contributors will retain their
  explotiation rights on the code their contribute, and no copyright
  assignment papers are required for contributors.

- The homepage of the project will continue to be
  http://www.jemarch.net/poke.  I will install a suitable redirections
  in http://www.gnu.org/software/poke.

Happy new year poking! :)